Afraid of missing important security news during the week? We’re here to help! Every week we put together a curated list of all important security news in one place, for your reading pleasure. Enjoy!
For the less technical
- [VIDEO] Getting ChatGPT to write a phishing email
- [VIDEO] CNN investigation reveals Iranian government is accessing activists’ social media accounts
- TikTok spied on Forbes journalists
- A Roomba recorded a woman on the toilet. How did screenshots end up on Facebook?
- Global drug conspiracy used Binance to launder millions in crypto
- FTX founder Sam Bankman-Fried to be released on $250 million bail, will live with his parents
- Two men arrested for conspiring with Russian nationals to hack the taxi dispatch system at JFK airport
- Guardian hit by serious IT incident believed to be ransomware attack
For the more technical
- LastPass has been breached: What now?
- CVE-2022-41040 and CVE-2022-41082 – zero-days in MS Exchange
- Gatekeeper’s Achilles heel: Unearthing a macOS vulnerability
- Multiple vulnerabilities in multiple Mitsubishi Electric FA engineering software
- SIM Hijacking
- GitHub incident allowed attacker to copy Okta’s source code
- Using ChatGPT to make Bash palatable
- SentinelSneak: Malicious PyPI module poses as security software development kit
- Microsoft research uncovers new Zerobot capabilities
- Raspberry Robin malware targets telecom, governments
- Godfather: A banking Trojan that is impossible to refuse
- Inside the IcedID BackConnect protocol
- “RisePro” stealer and pay-per-install malware “PrivateLoader”
- Agenda ransomware uses Rust to target more vital industries
- Nokoyawa ransomware: Rust or bust
- Trojanized Windows 10 operating system installers targeted Ukrainian government
- Russia’s Trident Ursa (aka Gamaredon APT) cyber conflict operations unwavering since invasion of Ukraine
- Lazarus APT’s operation interception uses signed binary
Did you enjoy this list? You can subscribe to one of our feeds on Twitter, Facebook or RSS.